Turmeric is considered one of the essential spices in the culinary industry for over 4000 years. It has been known in different names in various regions of the world. Turmeric has distinctive health properties which have been followed by our ancestors and passed over generations.
In this current generation, many products are derived by using turmeric as the vital ingredient. Such products are turmeric protein powder, capsules, soaps, creams, and so on. One can effortlessly buy turmeric protein powder online and rejoice in its benefits. Turmeric is primarily used in the food and beverage industry as a flavouring agent.
People have used turmeric for a long time. It has been planted and yielded all through the years as it is a perennial plant. Turmeric falls under the family Zingiberaceae and is commonly found in the tropical regions of South Asia. It is a rhizomatous plant, which means it grows beneath the ground and is tuberous. It appears to have an earthly brown-yellow exterior and a slightly orangey interior in its fresh state. The starch content in the rhizome is processed and removed completely. Then the dried rhizome is crushed or powdered and used accordingly.
COMPOSITION OF TURMERIC:
The primary production of turmeric is from south India, in the city named Erode. This city is known as the Yellow city or the turmeric city as it serves as the centre of turmeric production worldwide. Turmeric has many valuable medicinal properties organically, and it has been utilized by humanity extensively. Some of the significant components present in turmeric are listed below.
- Curcumin – Turmeric has a presence of curcuminoids which act as a colouring agent in food and beverages. In which about 5 – 6.6 ℅ of curcumin is present. This curcumin has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties and can dissolve fat content present in our body or the food.
- Volatile oils – some of the significant oil present in turmeric are cineol, phellandrene, and borneol, which effectively enhances the functioning of the immune system. There is also the presence of other components like polysaccharides and sesquiterpenes.
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF TURMERIC:
- Buy turmeric protein powder and use it regularly to boost the body’s metabolism.
- The presence of curcumin slows down the aging process.
- It protects from any foreign organisms and strengthens the immune system to fight against any harmful microorganisms.
- It can prevent causing Alzheimer’s Disease and can show progression in memory management.
- Avoids the factors that cause heart attacks or heart-related problems.
- It keeps one free from depression caused due to external factors.
TURMERIC IN DAILY LIFE:
SKIN – As turmeric has anti-inflammatory qualities, it can protect the skin from acne, redness, dark spots, lightens the skin, and others. Many cosmetic products are manufactured with turmeric as a base.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE – Turmeric is one of the essential ingredients in a kitchen. It adds flavours, colours, and aroma to the food. It has unique medicinal values, by consuming a small portion of turmeric will altogether enrich one’s health. Buy turmeric protein, and consume it as a health drink to expand one’s energy levels.
HAIR – Turmeric cleanses thoroughly and reduces all hair-related problems like hair fall, thinning, breakage and others. It regulates scalp health and blood circulation in the head, which promotes hair growth effectively. Many organic turmeric shampoos and conditioners are available in the market to resolve all your hair-related problems.